© Maria Schwartzman 2008
So, finals are upon us or quickly approaching: the sign of the end of the semester and beginning of summer vacation. This can be (and usually is) a very stressful time for students. Here are some quick and simple ways to destress a little bit during this hectic time.
- exercise: exercising in any form can really help you destress and refocus. Taking a walk, going for a light jog, or even just getting up from your desk and doing a few jumping jacks or crunches can refresh your mind and get your body back into gear.
- sit down: if you find you are always on the go, take a few minutes to just sit down and relax. Find a quiet place outside, in your room, in your car — anywhere you feel comfortable, and just zone out for five or ten minutes.
- breathe: stop whatever you are doing right now(whether it’s stressing you out or not) and take a couple deep breaths, slowly breathing in and out. It will help to calm down your body.
- organize something: when I have my life in order I feel much more relaxed and capable of doing things (studying, etc). Organizing also is a way in which I relax myself. It may not sound fun to you, but give it a try (you never know!).
- figure out what’s bothering you. The sooner you get it done, the sooner you will be to a calmer mind with less stress.
- Tips to make your finals/papers just a bit better
- 5 Easy ways to Combat Feeling Unproductive
- Why you Should Wake up Early and 5 Tips to do so
- Why You Shouldn’t Always be Productive
- Fitness Advice Arrives at GearFire