Hyphenation is a great way to make your documents look fuller and make good use of space. However sometimes, depending on what you are doing, you won’t want long words to break up when they reach the margin. Here is how you can turn off hyphenation in Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop, the two most likely programs you will need to do this on.
In Microsoft Office:
1. Go to the Tools Menu, Language, and then choose Hyphenation.
2. Uncheck the Automatically hyphenate document check box.
3. Enjoy your non-hyphenated document!
In Adobe Photoshop:
1. Make sure the Paragraph palette is visible by turning on Window > Paragraph.
2. In the Paragraph palette, uncheck the Hyphenation box.
3. Enjoy your non-hyphenated image!
Know any other tricks to disable hyphenation on popular applications? Share it with us in a comment below!