Generally speaking, there is so much going on all the time on a college campus and its surrounding town. It’s easy to ignore or forget about these events as we all get caught up in our own lives. However, one of the coolest parts about being in school is to have access to all sorts of speakers, concerts, groups, athletic games, etc. Take advantage of this! Most of these events are probably free or low-cost to you as a student. Here are a few ideas to keep up with all that’s happening at your school:
- Read the newspaper: If your school has a newspaper, it probably lists some of the upcoming events. Check it out!
- Read the emails: Many colleges send out aggregations of what is going on around campus via email. Don’t just delete these emails, because there could be some really interesting events happening.
- Check the calendar: Your school website probably has a calendar listing events like sports games and orchestra concerts.
- Event invites: Don’t necessarily ignore all those Facebook or E-vites invites you receive. You could be missing out on a choral concert or karaoke night at an on-campus coffee shop. Relatedly, sometimes it pays to go through the events of your friends.
- Pay attention: Check out the flyers, posters, sheet sign, and chalkings that are probably all over your campus.
What other ideas do you have?
- 7 Tips to Stop Blogging (and Facebook) from Jeopardizing your Career
- Recently Read in my Feed Reader
- Student Tool: Increase Your Organization with 30Boxes Web 2.0 App
- Using Google Apps for Family Email
- Online Newspaper Subscriptions: no more papers in your garden