© scol22 (Stock Xchng User)
Just a quick list for you all today. Although it might seem a bit of a simple post to a lot of you, it’s amazing the small things you forget. Things worth having include:
- Calculator – If you’re doing any sciences, this is probably a must
- Folders – A4 Thick Ring-binders are usually best, depending on what level you are studying at. If you’re doing A-Level, those thinner folders will be filled with one subjects work within a term
- Notepads – Lined A4 are usually best
- Highlighters – Helps you remember important points on handouts
- Diary – Used for keeping track of deadlines and assignments.
- Bag – Make sure that you get a decent bag to carry all of your stuff around with you. It can be a nightmare walking around all day with a bag too small to fit half your stuff into.
- Pencil Case – Keep all of your smaller stuff together in here, it can be a nightmare looking for a tiny rubber in the bottom of a bag filled with rubbish.
- Inbox – I love the idea of having one of those plastic/metal trays on your desk to act as an inbox. It keeps everything that is coming to you (notes, letters etc.) all in the same place so you can process it later. It’s a good idea to get one if you haven’t got one already.
- Umbrella – The weather can’t always be predictable, and you feel a lot more together when at least when you arrive at a lesson, you’re relatively dry.
- Printer cartridges – We often forget how little ink was left in our printers at the end of summer, do yourself a favor and buy a couple of spare ink cartridges for when that multi-page essay needs printing at late notice.
As summer begins, now can be the ideal time to shop for the back to school essentials.
Whats on your back to school shopping list? Let me know in the comments section below.
Note: I am on holiday when this post is published, therefore I will be unable to respond to comments until Thursday 31st of July.
This is Carl Hickson’s regular “Tuesday Tips” column, writing on all aspects of student productivity to help you become a more effective and stress free student.
- Things to do During Summer
- Accomplishments are just as important as goals
- Summer Goals
- Winding Down for Summer
- Why Pownce is Useful