Firefox is a great browser, but one of the things that frustrates me is that sometimes you get popup windows that are too small to see the actual content of the window. I think this has something to do with the icons and things in my statusbar, but the problem is you cannot resize these windows. Luckily I was able to find a fairly simple fix to this that only requires changing one value in your about:config.
- Open a new tab, type about:config into the location bar and hit enter.
- You will see a huge list of preferences and values. Scroll down until you see the preference “dom.disable_window_open_feature.resizable”
- Beside this, it’s value should say false. Double-click on the preference name to change it’s value to true.
- Close about:config and exit Firefox. When you open your next session, the problem should be fixed.
- Quick Tip: How to close or tile multiple windows easily
- How to Improve and Speed Up Firefox Start-up Time
- Quick Tip: Disable that Annoying Windows Update Reboot Nag
- 6 Firefox Extensions for Less Browser Clutter
- 4 Tips for Organizing Firefox