On my last post, I wrote about how to use a powernap. It can solve your problems, help you handle big problems. But the question which rises is of course: How to powernap. I’ve been testing this a lot (because I like naps) and I think I’ve found the perfect way.How to powernap
- Feeling tired? You are going to consider taking a powernap. Well thought! You will feel more awake, sleepiness is in the past with a powernap!
- Grab a cup of coffee. Before you are going to nap. Drink a cup of coffee. This is not what your mom told (no coffee after 9pm), but you don’t need a long sleep now. Only a short nap. The caffeine will start to work after around 20 minutes, the right amount of sleep you need when you powernap! So when you are asleep, the coffee will start to work and you wake up after 20 minutes.
- Set your alarm 30 minutes ahead. You won’t fall asleep instantly, so you need a little bit of time to sleep.
- Drink the coffee.
- Sleep. The most obvious step. Get into bed, but don’t undress! Keep your clothes on, it will make getting up easier. Close your curtains, turn of the light and get into bed. Get 20 minutes of sleep!
- Wake up. When your alarm goes, get out of bed, open the curtains and walk around. Your hart rate will rise and you will start to get awake. Throw a little bit of water at your face, and be awake.
- Enjoy. Congratulations, you powernapped! You should feel more alive/awake now! Try to get productive right away.
I love taking powernaps when you are heading towards a problem. And I think powernapping should be something bosses advocate. Let me know what you think of it!This is a post by Stefan Knapen from StudySuccessful.com, a blog about how to study. Stefan is a med school student from the Netherlands who likes to experiment with study tactics and with everything what comes with studying!
- Powernap to Improve Focus & Concentration
- Tips for Waking Up More Easily
- Why you Should Wake up Early and 5 Tips to do so
- The five most deadly study tips of all time
- There is now a whole website dedicated to waking up early!